Join our mailing list

Victoria Rooms

The Victoria Rooms first opened 1842, and for many years served as the most important and lively cultural centre in the West of England. From 1873, the main hall also possessed a very famous organ - the large instrument originally built for the Royal Panopticon of Arts and Science in London. Sadly, the organ, along with the original hall, was destroyed by fire in 1934. Once restored and until 1964 the building became the headquarters for the University Union and was then used as an attractive Conference and Exhibition Centre. But the 'Vic Rooms' was originally intended for music-making, and it therefore seemed entirely appropriate in 1996, that it should be allocated to the University's Department of Music.

 

 

Victoria Rooms
Queen's Road
Clifton
Bristol
BS8 1SA

Disabled Access

Out of hours parking available on left hand side of building (from the front)

 

How to find Victoria Rooms

Use the navigation tools in the top left corner to navigate around the map

 

 

What's on at
this venue ...